The Colmar academy is the most ancient and renowned Theremin Academy – it’s where the academy concept was developed by Carolina & Thierry and started in 2010.
11/07/2018 09h –
The academy will be held at Thierry’s Theremin atelier,
9 rue des Serruriers, 68000 Colmar, France
- Individual lessons with Carolina Eyck and Thierry Frenkel
for players of all levels
- Improvisation group lesson with Carolina Eyck
- 1 session for players of all levels in groups of 3-5 students
a sufficient number of sessions will be scheduled on demand
- Chamber music classes with Thierry Frenkel
– 3 sessions for a group of 3 – 4 beginners on 13, 14, and 15/07
Music from Thoinot Arbeau and Jonathan Huge
– 3 sessions for a group of 3 – 4 advanced players on 12, 13, and 14/07
Music from Sigmund Spaeth and John Lennon
- Upgrade, tuning and Theremin repair by Thierry Frenkel – on demand
- Somatic learning class with Masha Frenkel
– 3 sessions on 12, 13, and 14/07 (in German language)
Sitting effortlessly. Head, pelvis and everything in between in balance. If you can sit easily, you can also stand elegantly.
- Common dinner of all participants on the terrace of the nearby Italian restaurant “Mamma Giovanna”
– on Saturday 14/07 at 20h
- Café musical: students concert accompanied by coffee, tea, cake and pastry
– on Sunday 15/07 at 15h
Information for participants
What you will need to bring with you
- Music stand
- Theremin stand
In case you can’t travel with an amplifier and/or a theremin stand, please contact us before registering. In most cases, a solution can be found.
Please try to be present during all days of the academy, so that we might schedule lessons and classes without constraints.
Stay and food
You may book your stay in the neighbored Primo or Ibis hotels, the tourist apartments next door, with the help of the Colmar tourist information, or via AirBnB. Since Colmar is a town of great touristic interest, you’ll find many shops and restaurants in walking distance from the academy location.